Things To Consider
- The appointment to the office of apostle is is God's decision.
- Divisions can cause confusion especially related as to how salvation is accomplished.
- Divisions does not mean that we don't hold to the essentials of our confession but it does mean that we be united in our proclamation of the gospel.
- Sermons no matter how eloquent cannot save. Only the finished work of Jesus Christ saves.
- Salvation is ongoing – I am saved, I am being saved, I will be saved.
- If we are to boast, we must boast in the Lord, a paraphrase from Jeremiah 9:24.
- Immaturity still plagues the church.
- The church community belongs to God.
- The foundation of the church is Christ and teachers build upon the foundation.
- The purpose of church discipline is to break the pattern of sin.
- The church ought not to tolerate this kind of sinful pattern.
- We will have a role in the administration of the kingdom and the nations are under the corrupt rule of angels (Deut. 32:8-9; Ps. 82).
- You cannot separate sexuality and morality.
- Sex creates a bond and we are united to Christ.
- Let God's glory be your only aim.